H-Ras antibody | H-Ras-03
H-Ras, N-Ras and K-Ras are highly related RAS genes which regulate pathways involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, adhesion, migration and apoptosis and are known proto-oncogenes. H-Ras is located within the peripheral plasma membrane and within endomembrane compartments including the ER and Golgi apparatus. In the ER H-Ras can be activated by the RasGRF family exchange factors RasGRF1 and RasGRF2, this process does not appear to happen withing the Golgi (Arozarena et al. 2004). Mutations in the H-Ras gene are responsible for the rare condition known as Costello syndrome characterized by facial, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal abnormalities and mental retardation (Gripp et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human H-Ras, clone H-Ras-03 has been used for the detection of H-Ras in the MCF10A human epitheliod breast cancer cell line by Western blotting (Vuoriluoto et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids DIHQYREQIKRVKDSDDC of human H-Ras.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01112 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HRAS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0009887 organ morphogenesis
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031575 mitotic cell cycle G1/S transition checkpoint
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0090398 cellular senescence
- For research purposes only
Applications of H-Ras antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2884 detects a band of approximately 24kDa in HeLa, K567 and RAJI whole cell lysates under reducing conditions.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for H-Ras antibody
Vuoriluoto, K. et al. (2011) Vimentin regulates EMT induction by Slug and oncogenic H-Ras and migration by governing Axl expression in breast cancer.
Oncogene. 30: 1436-48.
Zheng, Y. & Quilliam, L.A. (2003) Activation of the Ras superfamily of small GTPases. Workshop on exchange factors.
EMBO Rep. 4 (5): 463-8.