Growth Hormone antibody | GhB9
|Mouse anti Human Growth Hormone antibody, clone GhB9 recognizes human growth hormone (hGH), a 22 kDa polypeptide synthesised by acidophilic or somatotropic cells of the anterior pituitary gland. It is also referred to as somatotropin. Many different isoforms exist in humans, from monomers to pentamers, disulfide-linked or non-covalently associated, in homopolymeric and heteropolymeric combinations. Human GH binds to two GH receptors and induces signal transduction through receptor dimerisation. Growth hormone plays an important role in growth and cell production.
An excess of GH results in acromegaly or gigantism, characterised by excessive growth. It can also be accompanied by muscle weakness, insulin resistance and pressure on nerves. Deficiency of GH may result in lack of strength, energy and bone mass.
Growth hormone can be used to treat conditions that result in short stature or decreased muscle mass.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant human growth hormone.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the X63-Ag8-653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Growth Hormone antibody
Di Cesare, S. et al. (2013) High-Yield Production of PASylated Human Growth Hormone Using Secretory E. coli Technology
BioProcess Intl. 11: 4
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005131 growth hormone receptor binding
- GO:0005148 prolactin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0010535 positive regulation of activation of JAK2 kinase activity
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0015758 glucose transport
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0040018 positive regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0043568 positive regulation of insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0060396 growth hormone receptor signaling pathway
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up