Granzyme B antibody | GB7
Granzyme B plays a key role in the induction of apoptosis by CTLs. After delivery to the target cell Granzyme B activates the cascade of caspases that finally results in cell death.
Mouse anti Human Granzyme B antibody, clone GB7 has been reported to be suitable for Western Blotting, demonstrating reactivity with recombinant granzyme B and also reactivity with recombinant granzyme H (Sedelies et al. 2004). Human granzymes B and H share ~71% sequence identity by clustal analysis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Recombinant Granzyme B.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001772 immunological synapse
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006922 cleavage of lamin
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- For research purposes only
Applications of Granzyme B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/200|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Granzyme B antibody
Kummer, J.A. et al. (1993) Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies raised against recombinant human granzymes A and B and showing cross reactions with the natural proteins.
J Immunol Methods. 163 (1): 77-83.
Nield, L.E. et al. (2002) Endocardial fibroelastosis associated with maternal anti-Ro and anti-La antibodies in the absence of atrioventricular block.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 40: 796-802.
Himmelein, S. et al. (2015) Latent herpes simplex virus 1 infection does not induce apoptosis in human trigeminal Ganglia.
J Virol. 89 (10): 5747-50.
Cohen, M. et al. (2018) Epstein-Barr virus lytic cycle involvement in diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
Hematol Oncol. 36 (1): 98-103.
Sedelies, K.A. et al. (2004) Discordant regulation of granzyme H and granzyme B expression in human lymphocytes.
J Biol Chem. 279 (25): 26581-7.