GATA3 antibody | 1A12-1D9
The GATA3 protein is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors which has received its name from binding DNA sequences containing the GATA consensus motif 5'-[AT]GATA[AG]-3' (P15976). GATA3 has been shown to play a critical role in T cell development and the differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells (Ho et al. 1991). In addition, GATA3 has been implied to have tissue specific functions such as a regulatory role in the development of the mammary gland epithelium and skin tissue (Chou et al. 2010).
Aberrant GATA3 levels have also been identified in a variety of cancers including breast cancer. Indeed, GATA3 has become a marker for certain breast cancer types and GATA3 antibodies are commonly used for the immunohistochemical evaluation of breast cancer samples (Krings et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin
- Purified partial recombinant recombinant human GATA3 protein expressed in E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0006366 transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0009653 anatomical structure morphogenesis
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0043627 response to estrogen stimulus
- GO:0071837 HMG box domain binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of GATA3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/200||1/2000|
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining. Citrate buffer pH6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti GATA3 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 55 kDa in SH-SY5Y cell lysate and SH-SY5Y nuclear extract
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra