Elastase antibody | ELA10-101.5 (39A)
Mouse anti Human elastase antibody, clone 39A recognizes human neutrophil elastase, also known as elastase-2, Bone marrow serine protease, PMN elastase or Medullasin. Elastase is a 238 amino acid ~27 kDa enzyme with an addiional 29 amino acid signal and pro-peptide region. Mutations of the ELA2 gene can lead to a number of hematopoietic disorders including cyclic hematopoiesis (CH) characterized by a 21 day cycle of bone marrow derived blood cell production with neutrophil numbers ranging between normal levels and almost zero (Horwitz et al. 1999) and severe congential autosomal neutropenia (SCN1) demonstating developmental arrest of granulopoiesis at the promyelocyte stage (Bellanné-Chantelot et al. 2004) with both conditions leading to a predisposition to bacterial infections..
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Elastase from human neutrophils.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P08246 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ELANE Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019955 cytokine binding
- GO:0030163 protein catabolic process
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045415 negative regulation of interleukin-8 biosynthetic process
- GO:0045416 positive regulation of interleukin-8 biosynthetic process
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050728 negative regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050922 negative regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0051635 bacterial cell surface binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Elastase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||100 Tests||F|
Product Specific References
References for Elastase antibody
Durant, S. et al. (2004) Apoptosis-induced proteinase 3 membrane expression is independent from degranulation.
J Leukoc Biol. 75 (1): 87-98.
Vong, L. et al. (2007) Annexin 1 cleavage in activated neutrophils: a pivotal role for proteinase 3.
J Biol Chem. 282 (41): 29998-30004.
Davies, P.L. et al. (2008) Monoclonal anti-neutrophil elastase antibody characterisation: ability to block function, detect free versus serpin-complexed enzyme and stain intracellular granules.
J Immunol Methods. 336 (2): 175-82.
Muthana, M. et al. (2015) C5orf30 is a negative regulator of tissue damage in rheumatoid arthritis.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112 (37): 11618-23.
Buján, J. et al. (2003) Expression of elastic components in healthy and varicose veins.
World J Surg. 27 (8): 901-5.
Korkmaz, B. et al. (2005) Inhibition of neutrophil elastase by alpha1-protease inhibitor at the surface of human polymorphonuclear neutrophils.
J Immunol. 175 (5): 3329-38.