Cystatin C antibody | Cyst24
Changes in cystatin C have been documented in a number of cardiovascular diseases, including atherosclerosis, amyloid angiopathy and myocardial infarction. Its low molecular weight also means that cystatin C can be used as a marker of renal failure.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01034 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CST3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cystatin C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Cystatin C antibody
Mussap, M. & Plebani, M. (2004) Biochemistry and clinical role of human cystatin C.
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 41 (5-6): 467-550.