Cystatin C antibody | Cyst24
Mouse anti Human Cystatin C
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Cystatin C
|Mouse anti human Cystatin C antibody, clone Cyst24 detects human Cystatin C, a member of the type 2 cystatin superfamily. Cystatin C is a potent inhibitor of cysteine proteinases, both endogenous (lysosomal cathepsins), and pathogenic. Cystatin C is a ~13 kDa secreted protein which is found in high concentrations in biological fluids and is thought to be expressed by all human nucleated cells.
Changes in cystatin C have been documented in a number of cardiovascular diseases, including atherosclerosis, amyloid angiopathy and myocardial infarction. Its low molecular weight also means that cystatin C can be used as a marker of renal failure.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Cystatin C antibody
Mussap, M. & Plebani, M. (2004) Biochemistry and clinical role of human cystatin C.
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 41 (5-6): 467-550.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up