Corticotrophin Releasing Factor antibody | 5D5
Mouse anti Human corticotrophin-releasing factor antibody, clone 5D5 recognizes human corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), a secreted hormone which regulates the release of corticotropin from the pituitary.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic human corticotropin releasing factor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P06850 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CRH Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005184 neuropeptide hormone activity
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0007567 parturition
- GO:0010841 positive regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, wakefulness
- GO:0042322 negative regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, REM sleep
- GO:0051464 positive regulation of cortisol secretion
- For research purposes only
Applications of Corticotrophin Releasing Factor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1||10ug/ml|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
*This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human hypothalamus
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Corticotrophin Releasing Factor antibody
Kravchenko, I. V. & Furalev, V. A. (1994) Monoclonal antibodies directed against two different corticotropin-releasing factor determinants
Hybridoma 13: 59 -64