CD72 antibody | Bu40
Mouse anti Human CD72 antibody, clone Bu40 recognizes human CD72, a ~86 kDa cell surface homodimer expressed on B lymphocytes. CD72 is expressed on early B cell precursors, through to mature activated B cells, but is lost upon terminal differentiation to plasma cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P21854 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD72 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD72 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase. Successful staining has also been accomplished using heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer pH6.0, see Lorenzi et al. for details
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control||MCA929||100 Tests||F|
Product Specific References
References for CD72 antibody
Katira, A. et al. (1992) Occupancy of CD72 (the CD5 counterstructure) enhances interleukin-4-dependent CD23 expression in resting B lymphocytes.
Immunology. 76 (3): 422-6.
Lorenzi, T. et al. (2012) Placental expression of CD100, CD72 and CD45 is dysregulated in human miscarriage.
PLoS One. 7 (5): e35232.
Brown, M.H. & Lacey, E. (2010) A ligand for CD5 is CD5.
J Immunol. 185 (10): 6068-74.
Svensson, H. et al. (1996) The cell surface phenotype of human natural interferon-alpha producing cells as determined by flow cytometry.
Scand J Immunol. 44 (2): 164-72.
Ling, N.R. & Lowe, J.L. (1993) Is the activated T helper stimulus able to induce Ig isotype switching in cultured human B cells?
Int Immunol. 5 (10): 1269-73.
Brzeziêska-błaszczyk, E. & Bąbolewska,E. (2013) Stem cell factor-dependent mast cell proliferation, maturation and activity can be regulated by inhibitory receptors
Centl Eur J of Immunol. 1: 134-40.