Mouse anti Human CD72 antibody, clone Bu40 recognizes human CD72, a ~86 kDa cell surface homodimer expressed on B lymphocytes. CD72 is expressed on early B cell precursors, through to mature activated B cells, but is lost upon terminal differentiation to plasma cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
transmembrane receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD72 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase. Successful staining has also been accomplished using heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer pH6.0, see Lorenzi et al. for details
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Product Specific References
References for CD72 antibody
Katira, A. et al. (1992) Occupancy of CD72 (the CD5 counterstructure) enhances interleukin-4-dependent CD23 expression in resting B lymphocytes.
Immunology. 76 (3): 422-6.
Lorenzi, T. et al. (2012) Placental expression of CD100, CD72 and CD45 is dysregulated in human miscarriage.
PLoS One. 7 (5): e35232.
Brown, M.H. & Lacey, E. (2010) A ligand for CD5 is CD5.
J Immunol. 185 (10): 6068-74.
Svensson, H. et al. (1996) The cell surface phenotype of human natural interferon-alpha producing cells as determined by flow cytometry.
Scand J Immunol. 44 (2): 164-72.
Ling, N.R. & Lowe, J.L. (1993) Is the activated T helper stimulus able to induce Ig isotype switching in cultured human B cells?
Int Immunol. 5 (10): 1269-73.
Brzeziêska-błaszczyk, E. & Bąbolewska,E. (2013) Stem cell factor-dependent mast cell proliferation, maturation and activity can be regulated by inhibitory receptors
Centl Eur J of Immunol. 1: 134-40.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra