CD49d antibody | Bu49
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human CD49d
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD49d monoclonal antibody, clone Bu49 recognizes human CD49d, also known as integrin alpha 4 or VLA-4 alpha subunit. CD49d is a ~150 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein. CD49d can be proteolytically cleaved to yield fragments of ~80 and ~70 kDa (Hemler et al. 1987). CD49d associates with either CD29 to form VLA-4 or with Integrin beta-7 to form The Peyer's patches-specific homing receptor LPAM-1, involved in the lymphocyte migration and homing to gut-associated lymphoid tissue (Sackstein 2006) through its interaction with MadCam-1, preferentially expressed on Peyer's patch high endothelial venules and postcapillary venules in lamina propria (Briskin et al. 1997).
CD49d is expressed on a broad range of cells including lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils and thymocytes. CD49d expression may serve as a prognostic parker of survival and disease progression in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and may have therapeutic potential (Bulian et al. 2008).
Mouse anti human CD49, clone Bu49 cross-reacts with the canine B-cell leukemia cell line GL-1 and induces homotypic cell aggregation (Ikewaki et al. 2010).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Hyatt myeloma cell line
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the NS0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil.
References for CD49d antibody
Oxford University Press. (1995) Leucocyte Typing V. White cell differentiation antigens.
Volume Two. p 1617-8.
Ikewaki, N. et al. (2010) Anti-human very late antigen-alpha4 (CD49d) monoclonal antibody (BU49) cross-reacts with the canine B-cell leukemia cell line GL-1, resulting in the induction of homotypic cell aggregation.
Cell Immunol. 263: 55-64.
Hamilton, E. et al. (2012) Mimicking the tumour microenvironment: three different co-culture systems induce a similar phenotype but distinct proliferative signals in primary chronic lymphocytic leukaemia cells.
Br J Haematol. 158: 589-99.
- Integrin Alpha 4 Chain
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0008305 integrin complex
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up