CD44v7 antibody | VFF-9
Mouse anti Human CD44v7 antibody, clone VFF-9 specifically recognizes an epitope encoded by exon v7 on the variant portion of human CD44.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Glutathione S Transferase (GST) fusion protein corresponding to the variable domains (v3 to v10) of human CD44.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the P3X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P16070 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD44 Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD44v7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/50|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||100 Tests||F|
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Frozen
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Product Specific References
References for CD44v7 antibody
Bànkfalvi, A. et al. (1998) Gains and losses of CD44 expression during breast carcinogenesis and tumour progression.
Histopathology. 33 (2): 107-16.
Koopman, G. et al. (1993) Activated human lymphocytes and aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas express a homologue of the rat metastasis-associated variant of CD44.
J Exp Med. 177 (4): 897-904.
Kim, J.S. and Werth, V.P. (2011) Identification of specific chondroitin sulfate species in cutaneous autoimmune disease.
J Histochem Cytochem. 59: 780-90.
Rajarajan, A. et al. (2012) CD44 expression in oro-pharyngeal carcinoma tissues and cell lines.
PLoS One. 7: e28776.
Hanley, W.D. et al. (2005) Variant isoforms of CD44 are P- and L-selectin ligands on colon carcinoma cells.
FASEB J. 20: 337-9.
Kim, J.S. et al. (2012) Gottron's papules exhibit dermal accumulation of CD44 variant 7 (CD44v7) and its binding partner osteopontin: a unique molecular signature.
J Invest Dermatol. 132 (7): 1825-32.
Shirure, V.S. et al. (2015) CD44 variant isoforms expressed by breast cancer cells are functional E-selectin ligands under flow conditions.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 308 (1): C68-78.