Mouse anti Human CD257, clone A01-1A12
recognizes CD257, a ~31 kDa protein. CD257 is also known as B cell activating factor (BAFF), tumour necrosis factor superfamily 13B (TNFSF13B), B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) and TNF and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand. CD257 is a type 2 transmembrane protein which can be cleaved proteolyically to form a soluble protein. CD257 exerts anti-apoptotic effects and promotes B cell survival via CD267 (TACI), CD269 (BCMA) and CD268 (BAFFR) receptors, the latter interaction playing a critical role in the activation, survival, differentiation and proliferation of B cells (Mackay & Schneider, 2009
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 134-285 of human CD257
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fuzed with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD257 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available