CD257 antibody | A01-1A12
Mouse anti Human CD257, clone A01-1A12 recognizes CD257, a ~31 kDa protein. CD257 is also known as B cell activating factor (BAFF), tumour necrosis factor superfamily 13B (TNFSF13B), B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) and TNF and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand. CD257 is a type 2 transmembrane protein which can be cleaved proteolyically to form a soluble protein. CD257 exerts anti-apoptotic effects and promotes B cell survival via CD267 (TACI), CD269 (BCMA) and CD268 (BAFFR) receptors, the latter interaction playing a critical role in the activation, survival, differentiation and proliferation of B cells (Mackay & Schneider, 2009).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 134-285 of human CD257
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fuzed with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch
- Q9Y275 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNFSF13B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD257 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Mackay, F. & Schneider, P. (2009) Cracking the BAFF code.
Nat Rev Immunol. 9 (7): 491-502.