CD257 antibody | 2B
|Mouse anti Human CD257 antibody, clone 2B recognises CD257, also known as BAFF/BLyS. CD257 is a 285 amino acid type II transmembrane protein and member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily of ligands, which acts as a B and T cell stimulator and plays a role in the development of autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus.
CD257 is expressed by monocytes, macrophages, T cells and dendritic cells and acts through binding to CD267 (TACI), CD269 (BCMA) and CD268 (BAFFR) receptors, the latter interaction playing a critical role in the activation, survival, differentiation and proliferation of B cells. Mouse anti Human CD257 antibody, clone 2B has not been cross-adsorbed and may react with homologous proteins from related species.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml distilled water
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant 17 kDa polypeptide corresponding to the TNF-like portion of the extracellular domain of human CD257, expressed in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Bossen, C. & Schneider, P. (2006) BAFF, APRIL and their receptors: structure, function and signaling.
Semin Immunol. 18 (5): 263-75.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up