CD238 antibody | BRIC203
In hemagglutination tests, Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 reacts with Kp (a-b+) but not Kp (a+b-). In addition Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 will agglutinate Kp (a+b-c+) and Kp (a-b-c+) erythrocytes but not react with Ko erythrocytes.
Weaker staining in flow cytometry is observed on erythroblasts derived from CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells, compared to Kp (a-b+) red blood cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human erythrocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of a myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0042310 vasoconstriction
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD238 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD238 antibody
Parsons, S.F. et al. (1993) Monoclonal antibodies against Kell glycoprotein: serology, immunochemistry and quantification of antigen sites.
Transfus Med. 3 (2): 137-42.
Van Der Schoot. et al. (2002) CD238 - Kell.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 584-5.
Miyazak, T. et al. (2002) Serological analyses of anti-kell monoclonal antibodies using MAIEA assay.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 585-8.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra