CD238 antibody | BRIC203
In hemagglutination tests, Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 reacts with Kp (a-b+) but not Kp (a+b-). In addition Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 will agglutinate Kp (a+b-c+) and Kp (a-b-c+) erythrocytes but not react with Ko erythrocytes.
Weaker staining in flow cytometry is observed on erythroblasts derived from CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells, compared to Kp (a-b+) red blood cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human erythrocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of a myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0042310 vasoconstriction
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD238 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD238 antibody
Parsons, S.F. et al. (1993) Monoclonal antibodies against Kell glycoprotein: serology, immunochemistry and quantification of antigen sites.
Transfus Med. 3 (2): 137-42.
Van Der Schoot. et al. (2002) CD238 - Kell.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 584-5.
Miyazak, T. et al. (2002) Serological analyses of anti-kell monoclonal antibodies using MAIEA assay.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 585-8.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra