CD238 antibody | BRIC203
Mouse anti Human CD238
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 recognizes human CD238, also known as the kell blood group antigen Kpbc. The kell blood group antigens are carried on the ~93 kDa erythrocyte membrane glycoprotein.
In hemagglutination tests, Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 reacts with Kp (a-b+) but not Kp (a+b-). In addition Mouse anti Human CD238 antibody, clone BRIC203 will agglutinate Kp (a+b-c+) and Kp (a-b-c+) erythrocytes but not react with Ko erythrocytes.
Weaker staining in flow cytometry is observed on erythroblasts derived from CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells, compared to Kp (a-b+) red blood cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Human erythrocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of a myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100μl
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse IgG1 Negative Control|
References for CD238 antibody
Parsons, S.F. et al. (1993) Monoclonal antibodies against Kell glycoprotein: serology, immunochemistry and quantification of antigen sites.
Transfus Med. 3 (2): 137-42.
Van Der Schoot. et al. (2002) CD238 - Kell.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 584-5.
Miyazak, T. et al. (2002) Serological analyses of anti-kell monoclonal antibodies using MAIEA assay.
Leucocyte Typing VII pp 585-8.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0042310 vasoconstriction
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up