CD227 antibody | VU-3C6
The dominant epitope recognized by this antibody is the 12-mer GVTSAPDTRPAP of the mucin 1 tandem repeat.
Mouse anti Human CD227 antibody has been tested on frozen human ovarian carcinoma tissue sections and paraffin embedded sections from normal breast tissue. Mouse anti Human CD227 antibody, clone VU-3C6 also reacts weakly with sections of small intestine and colon.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Human breast cancer cell line ZR-75-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of CD227 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD227 antibody
Meng, C.X. et al. (2010) Effects of oral and vaginal administration of levonorgestrel emergency contraception on markers of endometrial receptivity.
Hum Reprod. 25 (4): 874-83.
Treon, S.P. et al. (1999) Muc-1 core protein is expressed on multiple myeloma cells and is induced by dexamethasone.
Blood. 93: 1287-98.
Treon, S.P. et al. (2000) Elevated soluble MUC1 levels and decreased anti-MUC1 antibody levels in patients with multiple myeloma.
Blood. 96: 3147-53.
Karsten, U. et al. (2004) Binding patterns of DTR-specific antibodies reveal a glycosylation-conditioned tumor-specific epitope of the epithelial mucin (MUC1).
Glycobiology. 14: 681-92.
Kinlough, C.L. et al. (2006) Recycling of MUC1 is dependent on its palmitoylation.
J Biol Chem. 281: 12112-22.
Vlad, A.M. et al. (2002) Complex carbohydrates are not removed during processing of glycoproteins by dendritic cells: processing of tumor antigen MUC1 glycopeptides for presentation to major histocompatibility complex class II-restricted T cells.
J Exp Med. 196: 1435-46.
Danielczyk, A. et al. (2006) PankoMab: a potent new generation anti-tumour MUC1 antibody.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. 55 (11): 1337-47.
Engelstaedter, V. et al. (2012) Mucin-1 and its relation to grade, stage and survival in ovarian carcinoma patients.
BMC Cancer. 12: 600.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra