CD21 antibody | Bu33
Mouse anti Human CD21, clone Bu33 recognizes human CD21, a ~145 kDa cell surface glycoprotein expressed by mature B lymphocytes, follicular dendritic cells, subsets of normal thymocytes and subsets of T cells. The CD21 molecule acts as a receptor for CD23, for complement components C3d, C3dg and iC3b and for Epstein Barr Virus. CD21 is part of the signalling complex that is linked to CD19, CD81 and phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Horse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P20023 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CR2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004875 complement receptor activity
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD21 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||100 Tests||F|
Product Specific References
References for CD21 antibody
Oxford University Press. (1997) Leucocyte Typing III.
Garland Publishing, Inc. (1998) Leucocyte Typing VI.
Thornton, C.A. et al. (2002) Expression of CD21 and CD23 during human fetal development.
Pediatr Res. 52 (2): 245-50.
Mayall, S. et al. (2001) The anti-human CD21 antibody, Bu33, identifies equine B cells.
J Comp Pathol. 124 (1): 83-7.
Ling, N.R. et al. (1998) Origin and properties of soluble CD21 (CR2) in human blood.
Clin Exp Immunol. 113 (3): 360-6.
Wei, F. et al. (2001) A man who inherited his SRY gene and Leri-Weill dyschondrosteosis from his mother and neurofibromatosis type 1 from his father.
Am J Med Genet. 102 (4): 353-8.