Mouse anti Human CD21 antibody, clone 2G9 recognizes the human CD21 cell surface antigen, a ~140 kDa glycoprotein. CD21 is expressed by mature B lymphocytes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
Pack Size: 1 ml
Pack Size: 0.1 ml
<0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human CD21.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
complement receptor activity
complement activation, classical pathway
protein homodimerization activity
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD21 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD21 antibody
Kelten, C. et el. (2008) Secondary involvement of the breast in T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma, an unusual example mimicking inflammatory breast carcinoma.
Arch Gynecol Obstet. 280:149-52.
Weber, B. et al. (2017) Distinct interferon-gamma and interleukin-9 expression in cutaneous and oral lichen planus.
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 31 (5): 880-6.
Willcox, A. et al. (2017) Germinal centre frequency is decreased in pancreatic lymph nodes from individuals with recent-onset type 1 diabetes.
Diabetologia. 60 (7): 1294-303.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra