CD154 antibody | 2A3
CD154 binds CD40, and acts as a key co-stimulatory molecule through the activation of antigen-presenting cells, and as a regulator of the generation and functional properties of Th1 helper cells. CD154 exists in both a membrane-bound and soluble form, the latter of which is generated through proteolytic processing by a matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), in activated cells.
The binding of CD154 with its receptor CD40 is vital for many biological processes, including Ig class switching, germinal centre formation and the survival of CD40+ B cells, B cell proliferation in the absence of co-stimulus, the production of IgE in the presence of interleukin-4 (IL-4), and also in the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, MMPs, prostaglandins and adhesion molecule upregulation, in non-immune cells.
Mouse anti Human CD154 (Soluble) antibody, clone 2A3 recognizes the soluble form of the protein.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human soluble CD154 conjugated to BSA.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the myeloma Sp2/0 cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005174 CD40 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045190 isotype switching
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD154 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD154 antibody
Pietravalle, F. et al. (1996) Human native soluble CD40L is a biologically active trimer, processed inside microsomes.
J Biol Chem. 271 (11): 5965-7.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra