CD147 antibody | MEM-M6/6
|Mouse anti Human CD147 antibody, clone MEM-M6/6 recognizes the Ig-like V-type domain of human CD147, otherwise known as basigin, neurothelin or extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN). CD147 is a 364 amino acid, ~50-55 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, containing a single Ig-like C2-type and a single Ig-like V-type domain. CD147 is broadly expressed on peripheral blood cells, endothelial cells, and increased on T cells following activation. CD147 is also strongly expressed on small lung cancer cells and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Biological properties of CD147 include the regulation of T cells, integrin functions and cell adhesion, the stimulation of metalloproteinase (MMP) production by fibroblasts, the promotion of astrocyte outgrowths, and roles in tumour progression, neuronal system function and reproduction (Muramatsu et al. 2003).
There are four distinct isoforms of CD147 described in UniProt entry P35613 resulting from alternative splicing or differing promotor usage, the canonical version described here and three alternative truncated isoforms with alterations and deletions to the N-terminal region. The epitope recognized by mouse anti human CD147, clone MEM-M6/6 lies C-terminally to the altered sequences in these isoforms and clone MEM-M6/6 would therefore be expected to bind to all described forms of human CD147.
Mouse anti Human CD147, clone MEM-M6/6 inhibits anti-CD3-induced T cell activation, dependent upon antibody concentration (Koch et al. 1999).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- CD147Rg, consisting of the cDNA coding for the extracellular region of CD147 expressed in CHO cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2882Z detects a band of approximately 45-60kDa in 293 human fibroblastoid cell lysates under non-reducing conditions.
References for CD147 antibody
Koch, C. et al. (1999) T cell activation-associated epitopes of CD147 in regulation of the T cell response, and their definition by antibody affinity and antigen density.
Int Immunol. 11 (5): 777-86.
Nassif, X. et al. (2015) Cd147 as receptor for pilus-mediated adhesion of meningococci to vascular endothelia.
Patent Publication number US20150110806 A1
Bernard SC et al. (2014) Pathogenic Neisseria meningitidis utilizes CD147 for vascular colonization.
Nat Med. 20 (7): 725-31.
Douglas, A.D. et al. (2014) Neutralization of Plasmodium falciparum merozoites by antibodies against PfRH5.
J Immunol. 192 (1): 245-58.
Crosnier C et al. (2011) Basigin is a receptor essential for erythrocyte invasion by Plasmodium falciparum.
Nature. 480 (7378): 534-7.
Wanaguru M et al. (2013) RH5-Basigin interaction plays a major role in the host tropism of Plasmodium falciparum.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 110 (51): 20735-40.
Zenonos, Z.A. et al. (2015) Basigin is a druggable target for host-oriented antimalarial interventions.
J Exp Med. 212 (8): 1145-51.
Hahn, J.N. et al. (2015) The role of EMMPRIN in T cell biology and immunological diseases.
J Leukoc Biol. 98 (1): 33-48.
View The Latest Product References
Jongruamklang, P. et al. (2018) Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry analysis of 36 blood group alleles among 396 Thai samples reveals region-specific variants.
Transfusion. 58 (7): 1752-62.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005537 mannose binding
- GO:0006090 pyruvate metabolic process
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0015129 lactate transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up