C5 antibody | 046-10.2.2 (10-04)
C5 is activated via either the classical or the alternative complement pathway, by proteolytic cleavage of C5a from the N-terminal of the alpha-chain, by C5 convertase. C5a is an anaphylotoxin which mediates local inflammation. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. It also stimulates chemotaxis of neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils and monocytes towards the site of inflammation. The remaining fragment, C5b, initiates the assembly of the membrane attack complex.
In haemolysis inhibition studies it was found that Mouse anti Human C5 antibody, clone 046-10.2.2 will block C5 haemolytic activity (Harder et al. 2017).
Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays. The use of EQU003 is recommended for this purpose.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human C5.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Please see label for concentration
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010760 negative regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0090197 positive regulation of chemokine secretion
- For research purposes only
Applications of C5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Karp, C.L. et al. (2000) Identification of complement factor 5 as a susceptibility locus for experimental allergic asthma.
Nat Immunol. 1 (3): 221-6.
Peng, T. et al. (2005) Role of C5 in the development of airway inflammation, airway hyperresponsiveness, and ongoing airway response.
J Clin Invest. 115 (6): 1590-600.