C5 antibody | 046-10.2.2 (10-04)
|Mouse anti Human C5 antibody, clone 046-10.2.2 recognizes secreted complement component 5 (C5), a ~190 kDa serine protease present in blood serum. It is composed of an ~115 kDa disulphide linked alpha-chain and a ~75 kDa beta-chain. In addition to its role in complement, C5 is thought to be associated with inflammation, stimulating tumour necrosis factor alpha, interferon gamma mediated suppression of IL-10 and IL-12 production.
C5 is activated via either the classical or the alternative complement pathway, by proteolytic cleavage of C5a from the N-terminal of the alpha-chain, by C5 convertase. C5a is an anaphylotoxin which mediates local inflammation. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. It also stimulates chemotaxis of neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils and monocytes towards the site of inflammation. The remaining fragment, C5b, initiates the assembly of the membrane attack complex.
Mouse anti Human C5 antibody, clone 046-10.2.2 blocks C5 haemolytic activity (Harder et al. 2017).
Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human C5.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.08 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Karp, C.L. et al. (2000) Identification of complement factor 5 as a susceptibility locus for experimental allergic asthma.
Nat Immunol. 1 (3): 221-6.
Peng, T. et al. (2005) Role of C5 in the development of airway inflammation, airway hyperresponsiveness, and ongoing airway response.
J Clin Invest. 115 (6): 1590-600.
- Complement Component 5
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010760 negative regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0090197 positive regulation of chemokine secretion
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up