C4bp antibody | 051-198.6.3 (10-07)
C4bp regulates the activation of the classical complement pathway. It is a cofactor to the C3b/C4b inactivator, crucial to the proteolytic cleavage of C4b and important in cleavage of C3b. C4bp also regulates the C4bC2a complex (C3 convertase), accelerating its degradation by dissociating the complement fragment C2a.
Both the C4bp alpha and beta chains interact with anticoagulant protein S and C4bp alpha binds protein S. C4bp is expressed in the blood serum.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native human C4 binding protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- P04003 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C4BPA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of C4bp antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for C4bp antibody
Huang, S. et al. (2016) Reciprocal relationship between contact and complement system activation on artificial polymers exposed to whole human blood
Biomaterials. 77: 111-9.
Blom, A.M. et al. (2004) Functions of human complement inhibitor C4b-binding protein in relation to its structure.
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 52 (2): 83-95.