C3d antibody | 053A-1184.108.40.206 (also known as 1003)
|Mouse anti Human C3d antibody, clone 053A-1220.127.116.11 recognizes human complement component 3d (C3d), a ~33 kDa polypeptide fragment generated over the course of complement activation where complement 3 (C3) convertases cleave C3 to C3b, which is further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d.
C3d is involved in the regulation of many aspects of the immune response, including antigen processing and presentation. The C3d/antigen complex mediates B cell activation by simultaneously binding antigen-specific surface bound immunoglobulin and CD21, lowering the complement activation threshold. C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Ig - liquid
- Purified Ig prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified C3d from human plasma.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.13 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
References for C3d antibody
Barilla-LaBarca, M.L. et al. (2002) Role of membrane cofactor protein (CD46) in regulation of C4b and C3b deposited on cells.
J Immunol. 168 (12): 6298-304.
Gay, F. (2013) Staphylococcal immune complexes and myelinolytic toxin in early acute multiple sclerosis lesions-An immunohistological study supported by multifactorial cluster analysis and antigen-imprint isoelectric focusing.
Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2 (3): 213-32.
Fujieda, M. et al. (2012) L-ficolin and capsular polysaccharide-specific IgG in cord serum contribute synergistically to opsonophagocytic killing of serotype III and V group B streptococci.
Infect Immun. 80 (6): 2053-60.
Bergmann-Leitner, E.S. et al. (2006) Complement 3d: from molecular adjuvant to target of immune escape mechanisms.
Clin Immunol. 121 (2): 177-85.
- Complement Component 3d
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up