C3c antibody | 013E-498.2.3 (10-02A)
Mouse anti Human C3c
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- 013E-498.2.3 (10-02A)
|Mouse anti human C3c, clone 013E-498.2.3 (10-02A), recognizes the ~135 kDa complement component 3c present in serum. C3c is generated over the course of complement activation, where convertase C4b2a (classical pathway) and convertase C3bBb (alternative pathway) cleave C3 to C3b and C3a. C3b is further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d. iC3b is then slowly cleaved (possibly by factor I) to form C3c (beta chain + alpha' chain fragment 1 + alpha' chain fragment 2), C3dg and C3f.
C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human C3 from normal serum, highly purified by chromatography.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.2 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1Clone 10-02A binds both C3c and C3 and so is not suitable for all ELISA applications.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney from post streptococal glomerulonephritis patients.
References for C3c antibody
Sica, M. et al. (2017) Eculizumab treatment: stochastic occurrence of C3 binding to individual PNH erythrocytes.
J Hematol Oncol. 10 (1): 126.
Janssen, B.J. et al. (2005) Structures of complement component C3 provide insights into the function and evolution of immunity.
Nature. 437 (7058): 505-11.
- Complement Component 3c
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up