Mouse anti human C3c, clone 013E-498.2.3 (10-02A), recognizes the ~135 kDa complement component 3c present in serum. C3c is generated over the course of complement activation, where convertase C4b2a (classical pathway) and convertase C3bBb (alternative pathway) cleave C3 to C3b and C3a. C3b is further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d. iC3b is then slowly cleaved (possibly by factor I) to form C3c (beta chain + alpha' chain fragment 1 + alpha' chain fragment 2), C3dg and C3f.
C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human C3 from normal serum, highly purified by chromatography.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.2 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
endopeptidase inhibitor activity
complement activation, alternative pathway
complement activation, classical pathway
G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of C3c antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
- 1Clone 10-02A binds both C3c and C3 and so is not suitable for all ELISA applications.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney from post streptococal glomerulonephritis patients.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for C3c antibody
Sica, M. et al. (2017) Eculizumab treatment: stochastic occurrence of C3 binding to individual PNH erythrocytes.
J Hematol Oncol. 10 (1): 126.
Janssen, B.J. et al. (2005) Structures of complement component C3 provide insights into the function and evolution of immunity.
Nature. 437 (7058): 505-11.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra