C3a antibody | H13
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 recognizes a C3a-determinant also present on native C3. Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 allows discrimination of ubiquitous or non-specifically bound native C3 or C3a from biologically active C3b fragment, neither C3b or C5 components are recognized by Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 (Burger et al. 1987).
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 is reported to block C3a functional activity (Hartmann et al. 1997).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Guinea Pig Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide, 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Human complement component C3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 50 ug/ml after reconstitution.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the non-secreting P3-X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
Applications of C3a antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Burger, R. et al. (1987) Functional analysis and quantification of the complement C3 derived anaphylatoxin C3a with a monoclonal antibody.
Clin Exp Immunol. 68 (3): 703-11.
References for C3a antibody
Burger, R. et al. (1988) The C terminus of the anaphylatoxin C3a generated upon complement activation represents a neoantigenic determinant with diagnostic potential.
J Immunol. 141 (2): 553-8.
Hartmann, K. et al. (1997) C3a and C5a stimulate chemotaxis of human mast cells.
Blood. 89 (8): 2863-70.
Möller, T. et al. (1997) Mechanisms of C5a and C3a complement fragment-induced [Ca2+]i signaling in mouse microglia.
J Neurosci. 17 (2): 615-24.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra