C3a antibody | H13
Mouse anti Human C3a
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 recognizes human C3a anaphylatoxin, a cleavage product of human complement component C3. C3a increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes.
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 recognizes a C3a-determinant also present on native C3. Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 allows discrimination of ubiquitous or non-specifically bound native C3 or C3a from biologically active C3b fragment, neither C3b or C5 components are recognized by Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 (Burger et al. 1987).
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone H13 is reported to block C3a functional activity (Hartmann et al. 1997).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Guinea Pig Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide, 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Human complement component C3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 50 ug/ml after reconstitution.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the non-secreting P3-X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
After reconstitution it is recommended to aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10|
Burger, R. et al. (1987) Functional analysis and quantification of the complement C3 derived anaphylatoxin C3a with a monoclonal antibody.
Clin Exp Immunol. 68 (3): 703-11.
References for C3a antibody
Burger, R. et al. (1988) The C terminus of the anaphylatoxin C3a generated upon complement activation represents a neoantigenic determinant with diagnostic potential.
J Immunol. 141 (2): 553-8.
Hartmann, K. et al. (1997) C3a and C5a stimulate chemotaxis of human mast cells.
Blood. 89 (8): 2863-70.
Möller, T. et al. (1997) Mechanisms of C5a and C3a complement fragment-induced [Ca2+]i signaling in mouse microglia.
J Neurosci. 17 (2): 615-24.
- Complement Component 3a
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up