C3/C3a antibody | 474
|Mouse anti Human C3/C3a antibody, clone 474, recognizes an epitope on C3a and also detects C3. C3 is a 185 kDa glycoprotein consisting of an alpha and beta chain and is the key component of all of the complement activation pathways. It is also the most abundant complement protein within serum, with levels of ~1.3 mg/ml (Sim et al. 1981).
There are 3 activation pathways within the complement system; the classical, lectin and alternative pathways. All three pathways converge on C3; resulting in its cleavage to anaphylatoxin C3a and opsonin C3b. C3a is a ligand to the seven-transmembrane coupled receptor C3aR (Dunkelberger & Song 2010). The actual response to C3a binding to C3aR has been shown to be cell type specific. For example, in mast cells, C3a elicits a pro-inflammatory histamine degranulation response (el-Lati et al. 1994). Whereas, on neutrophils, C3a exhibits an anti-inflammatory response, through attenuation of neutrophil mobilization into circulation after injury (Mathern & Heeger 2015). C3a has been shown to have a number of additional functionalities including to facilitate cross-talk between immune cells and tumor cells in the tumor microenvironment, promoting tumor cell metastasis (Afshar-Karghan 2017).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up