Brain Natriuretic Peptide antibody | 50E1
Mouse anti Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Brain Natriuretic Peptide
|Mouse anti Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide antibody, clone 50E1 detects an epitope located at the C-terminal (amino acids 26-32) of the human brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), a secreted protein which is a member of the natriuretic peptide family. BNP is a cardiac hormone, which is synthesised as a pro-hormone (proBNP), and is proteolytically cleaved to release a biologically active fragment (BNP), and an inactive fragment (NT-proBNP) into the circulation.
BNP is predominantly secreted from the cardiac ventricles in response to volume and pressure overload, and results in a number of biological activities including natriuresis, diuresis, vasorelaxation, and inhibition of the sympathetic nervous system. A high concentration of BNP in the bloodstream is indicative of heart failure.
Mouse anti Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide antibody, clone 50E1 also detects proBNP.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human synthetic Brain natriuretic hormone.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2642 detects a band of approximately 4kDa when using synthetic BNP and a band of 15kDa when using recombinant proBNP.
References for Brain Natriuretic Peptide antibody
Seferian, K.R. et al. (2007) The brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) precursor is the major immunoreactive form of BNP in patients with heart failure.
Clin Chem. 53 (5): 866-73.
Tamm, N.N. et al. (2008) Novel immunoassay for quantification of brain natriuretic peptide and its precursor in human blood.
Clin Chem. 54 (9): 1511-8.
Clerico, A. et al. (2006) Clinical relevance of biological variation: the lesson of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and NT-proBNP assay.
Clin Chem Lab Med. 44 (4): 366-78.
Pfister, R. & Schneider, C.A. (2004) Natriuretic peptides BNP and NT-pro-BNP: established laboratory markers in clinical practice or just perspectives?
Clin Chim Acta. 349 (1-2): 25-38.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006182 cGMP biosynthetic process
- GO:0007168 receptor guanylyl cyclase signaling pathway
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0008613 diuretic hormone activity
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0030146 diuresis
- GO:0030147 natriuresis
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042312 regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0043114 regulation of vascular permeability
- GO:0050880 regulation of blood vessel size
MCA2642161115 161201 170525
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up