BNP Prohormone antibody | 18H5
NT-proBNP is more stable than BNP in serum, and has become a useful biomarker of heart failure.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Amino acids 13-27 of NT-proBNP
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006182 cGMP biosynthetic process
- GO:0007168 receptor guanylyl cyclase signaling pathway
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0008613 diuretic hormone activity
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0030146 diuresis
- GO:0030147 natriuresis
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0042312 regulation of vasodilation
- GO:0043114 regulation of vascular permeability
- GO:0050880 regulation of blood vessel size
- For research purposes only
Applications of BNP Prohormone antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2641 detects a band of approximately 9kDa when using recombinant NT-proBNP
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Clerico, A. et al. (2006) Clinical relevance of biological variation: the lesson of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and NT-proBNP assay.
Clin Chem Lab Med. 44 (4): 366-78.
Pfister, R. & Schneider, C.A. (2004) Natriuretic peptides BNP and NT-pro-BNP: established laboratory markers in clinical practice or just perspectives?
Clin Chim Acta. 349 (1-2): 25-38.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra