Mouse anti Human beta-2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody, clone R11E1 recognizes human beta 2 adrenergic receptor (beta2AR), a member of the G protein-coupled receptor superfamily. Beta1 and Beta2 adrenergic receptors are functionally similar but have different affinities for the ligands adrenaline and noraderenaline. B2A receptors co-exist with the B1A receptors but one subtype usually predominates. B2A receptors have a higher affinity for adrenaline and mediate the relaxation of smooth muscle including bronchus, intestine & uterus. They are located presynaptically in the nerves, where they facilitate neurotransmitter release in the brain and regulate a variety of physiological processes. Ligand binding of the B2A receptor leads to the activation of adenylyl cyclase through interaction with the GTP-binding protein Gs.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Purified human Beta-2 adrenergic receptor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Beta-2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
MCA2784 performs best when used with a biotinylated secondary anti mouse IgG antibody such as STAR11B, followed by Streptavidin:FITC (STAR2B).
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for Beta-2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody
Patinec, A. et al. (2019) Alterations of the iNKT cell compartment in brain-injured patients.
Crit Care. 23 (1): 234.
Frielle, T. et al. (1989) Properties of the beta 1- and beta 2-adrenergic receptor subtypes revealed by molecular cloning.
Clin Chem. 35 (5): 721-5.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra