Aquaporin 1 antibody | 1/A5F6
Mouse anti Aquaporin 1
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Aquaporin 1
|Mouse anti Human aquaporin 1 antibody, clone 1/A5F6 recognizes an epitope within the cytoplasmic domain of the water-specific channel aquaporin 1, also known as AQP1 or CHIP-28.
Aquaporin 1 is a ~28 kDa integral membrane protein which was originally identified in red blood cells and the kidney. AQP1 is also expressed by the choroid plexus and various other tissues. The glycosylated forms of AQP1 range between 40-60 kDa.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
1% bovine serum albumin
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 249-269 of aquaporin 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with the cells of the Sp-2/0 Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/500||1/1000|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/500||1/1000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
References for Aquaporin 1 antibody
Nagy G et al. (2002) Development and characterisation of a monoclonal antibody family against aquaporin 1 (AQP1) and aquaporin 4 (AQP4).
Pathol Oncol Res. 8 (2): 115-24.
Bódis, B. et al. (2001) Active water selective channels in the stomach: investigation of aquaporins after ethanol and capsaicin treatment in rats.
J Physiol Paris. 95 (1-6): 271-5.
Francone, V.P. et al (2010) Signaling from the secretory granule to the nucleus: Uhmk1 and PAM.
Mol Endocrinol. 24: 1543-58.
Felszeghy, S. et al (2004) Expression of aquaporin isoforms during human and mouse tooth development.
Arch Oral Biol. 49: 247-57.
Ripoche, P. et al. (2004) Human Rhesus-associated glycoprotein mediates facilitated transport of NH(3) into red blood cells.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 101: 17222-7.
Lupp, A. et al. (2010) Immunohistochemical identification of the PTHR1 parathyroid hormone receptor in normal and neoplastic human tissues.
Eur J Endocrinol. 162: 979-86.
Pannabecker, T.L. et al. (2008) Quantitative analysis of functional reconstructions reveals lateral and axial zonation in the renal inner medulla.
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 294: F1306-14.
Thiele, S. et al. (2007) A disruptive mutation in exon 3 of the GNAS gene with albright hereditary osteodystrophy, normocalcemic pseudohypoparathyroidism, and selective long transcript variant Gsalpha-L deficiency.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 92: 1764-8.
View The Latest Product References
Antonelou, M.H. et al. (2011) Oxidative stress-associated shape transformation and membrane proteome remodeling in erythrocytes of end stage renal disease patients on hemodialysis.
J Proteomics. 74: 2441-52.
Arnaud, L. et al. (2010) A functional AQP1 allele producing a Co(a-b-) phenotype revises and extends the Colton blood group system.
Transfusion. 50: 2106-16.
Saison, C. et al. (2012) A new AQP1 null allele identified in a Gypsy woman who developed an anti-CO3 during her first pregnancy.
Vox Sang. 103: 137-44.
Ferré-Dolcet, L. et al. (2019) Uterine and placental specific localization of AQP2 and AQP8 is related with changes of serum progesterone levels in pregnant queens.
Theriogenology. 142: 149-57.
Hsu, K. et al. (2017) Adaptable interaction between aquaporin-1 and band 3 reveals a potential role of water channel in blood CO2 transport.
FASEB J. 31 (10): 4256-64.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003097 renal water transport
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005223 intracellular cGMP activated cation channel activity
- GO:0005267 potassium channel activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006182 cGMP biosynthetic process
- GO:0006884 cell volume homeostasis
- GO:0046878 positive regulation of saliva secretion
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009925 basal plasma membrane
- GO:0015079 potassium ion transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0015168 glycerol transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0015250 water channel activity
- GO:0015696 ammonium transport
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0020003 symbiont-containing vacuole
- GO:0021670 lateral ventricle development
- GO:0030157 pancreatic juice secretion
- GO:0030184 nitric oxide transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0030950 establishment or maintenance of actin cytoskeleton polarity
- GO:0031526 brush border membrane
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0033326 cerebrospinal fluid secretion
- GO:0034644 cellular response to UV
- GO:0035377 transepithelial water transport
- GO:0035379 carbon dioxide transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0042383 sarcolemma
- GO:0042476 odontogenesis
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045766 positive regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0051739 ammonia transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0070301 cellular response to hydrogen peroxide
- GO:0071260 cellular response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0071280 cellular response to copper ion
- GO:0071288 cellular response to mercury ion
- GO:0071300 cellular response to retinoic acid
- GO:0071320 cellular response to cAMP
- GO:0071456 cellular response to hypoxia
- GO:0071472 cellular response to salt stress
- GO:0071474 cellular hyperosmotic response
- GO:0071549 cellular response to dexamethasone stimulus
- GO:0071732 cellular response to nitric oxide
- GO:0085018 maintenance of symbiont-containing vacuole via substance secreted by host
MCA2099147460 159061 163043 163072
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up