ACTH antibody | 57 (BGN/1388/66)
Mouse anti Human ACTH
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- 57 (BGN/1388/66)
|Mouse anti Human ACTH antibody (Clone 57, BGN/1388/66) recognizes 1-24 ACTH (Synacthen) which, as a synthetic analogue of naturally-occurring Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, can be used to measure adrenal reserve and for the diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency by acute adrenocortical stimulation.
ACTH, released from the anterior pituitary gland in response to corticotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus, acts on the adrenal cortex to stimulate the production of corticosteroids such as cortisol, involved in the response to stress. Administration of 1-24 ACTH increases blood pressure, believed to be attributed to an increase in ACTH-stimulated cortisol secretion, in association with increased cardiac output.
Mouse anti Human ACTH antibody does not recognize 17-39 ACTH (CLIP). It does cross-reacts with rat N-terminal ACTH.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 1 - 24 (SYSMEHFRWGKPVGKKRRPVKVYP) of the human ACTH conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/100||1/200|
- 1 This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
References for ACTH antibody
Zhou, M et al. (2016) Localization of ATP-sensitive K+ channel subunits in rat pituitary gland.
Arch Histol Cytol. 76 (1): 53-66.
Hatakeyama, H. et al. (2000) Functional adrenocorticotropic hormone receptor in cultured human vascular endothelial cells : possible role in control of blood pressure.
Hypertension. 36 (5): 862-5.
- Adrenocorticotropic Hormone
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0007218 neuropeptide signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016486 peptide hormone processing
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031781 type 3 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0031782 type 4 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0032098 regulation of appetite
- GO:0032720 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0033059 cellular pigmentation
- GO:0034641 cellular nitrogen compound metabolic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- GO:0070996 type 1 melanocortin receptor binding
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up