ACTH antibody | 57 (BGN/1388/66)
ACTH, released from the anterior pituitary gland in response to corticotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus, acts on the adrenal cortex to stimulate the production of corticosteroids such as cortisol, involved in the response to stress. Studies have shown that the administration of 1-24 ACTH increases blood pressure, believed to be attributed to an increase in ACTH-stimulated cortisol secretion, in association with increased cardiac output.
Mouse anti Human ACTH antibody does not recognize 17-39 ACTH (CLIP). It does cross-reacts with rat N-terminal ACTH.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 1 - 24 (SYSMEHFRWGKPVGKKRRPVKVYP) of the human ACTH conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0007218 neuropeptide signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016486 peptide hormone processing
- GO:0031781 type 3 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0031782 type 4 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0032098 regulation of appetite
- GO:0032720 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0033059 cellular pigmentation
- GO:0034641 cellular nitrogen compound metabolic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- GO:0070996 type 1 melanocortin receptor binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of ACTH antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/100||1/200|
- 1 This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for ACTH antibody
Zhou, M et al. (2016) Localization of ATP-sensitive K+ channel subunits in rat pituitary gland.
Arch Histol Cytol. 76 (1): 53-66.
Hatakeyama, H. et al. (2000) Functional adrenocorticotropic hormone receptor in cultured human vascular endothelial cells : possible role in control of blood pressure.
Hypertension. 36 (5): 862-5.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra