AMPK Alpha 1/2 antibody | 84.1
AMPK may play an important role in the control of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndromes. Recent studies suggest that AMPK functions as a suppressor of cell proliferation of both malignant and normal cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Vertebrates Expected from Sequence Human Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- 29 amino acid peptide within the N-terminal catalytic domain of Drosophila AMPK alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045542 positive regulation of cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0046318 negative regulation of glucosylceramide biosynthetic process
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- For research purposes only
Applications of AMPK Alpha 1/2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2673GA detects a band of approximately 63kDa in rat brain cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra