AMPK Alpha 1/2 antibody | 34.2
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti AMPK Alpha 1/2
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- AMPK Alpha 1/2
|Mouse anti AMPK Alpha 1/2 antibody, clone 34.2 recognizes both the alpha 1 and the alpha 2 isoforms of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is a highly conserved heterotrimeric protein kinase found in all eukaryotes. The heterotrimeric complex exists as multiple isoforms and consists of a catalytic alpha subunit, which is stabilized by non-catalytic regulatory beta- and gamma- subunits. AMPK plays a vital role in maintaining cellular energy homeostasis and is activated by rising levels of AMP under conditions of hypoxia, ischemia, exercise, low glucose levels.
AMPK may play an important role in the control of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndromes. AMPK functions as a suppressor of cell proliferation of both malignant and normal cells (Motoshima et al. 2006).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Vertebrates Expected from Sequence Human Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- 29 amino acid peptide within the N-terminal catalytic domain of Drosophila AMPK alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2673GA detects a band of approximately 63kDa in rat brain cell lysates.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0006853 carnitine shuttle
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0042304 regulation of fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0045542 positive regulation of cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0046318 negative regulation of glucosylceramide biosynthetic process
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Drosophila Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up