MBP antibody | 1
Clone 1 (129-138) has been reported as being suitable for Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Tissue Culture Supernatant containing 0.1M Tris/HCl pH7.4 and 5-10% foetal calf serum
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Bovine Myelin Basic Protein (MBP).
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised NIH mice were fused with cells of the NS0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0019911 structural constituent of myelin sheath
- GO:0043209 myelin sheath
- For research purposes only
Applications of MBP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MBP antibody
Groome, N. et al. (1985) Preparation and properties of monoclonal antibodies to myelin basic protein and its peptides.
Neurochem Int. 7 (2): 309-17.
Martenson, R. E. (1984) Experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. A useful model for multiple sclerosis.
In Alvord, E. C. et al. (Eds).Wiley, New York, pp273-289.
Groome, N.P. et al. (1986) Region-specific immunoassays for human myelin basic protein.
J Neuroimmunol. 12 (4): 253-64.
Marignier, R. et al. (2010) Oligodendrocytes are damaged by neuromyelitis optica immunoglobulin G via astrocyte injury.
Brain. 133 (9): 2578-91.
Brunner, C. et al. (1989) Differential ultrastructural localization of myelin basic protein, myelin/oligodendroglial glycoprotein, and 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase in the CNS of adult rats.
J Neurochem. 52: 296-304.
Jatana, M. et al. (2006) Combination of systemic hypothermia and N-acetylcysteine attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats.
Pediatr Res. 59: 684-9.
Chujor, C.S. et al. (1991) Serum antibodies against peripheral nervous system antigens in leprosy.
Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 59: 590-7.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra