MBP antibody | 1
Clone 1 (129-138) has been reported as being suitable for Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Tissue Culture Supernatant containing 0.1M Tris/HCl pH7.4 and 5-10% foetal calf serum
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.05% Sodium Azide
- Bovine Myelin Basic Protein (MBP).
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised NIH mice were fused with cells of the NS0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0019911 structural constituent of myelin sheath
- GO:0043209 myelin sheath
- For research purposes only
Applications of MBP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MBP antibody
Groome, N. et al. (1985) Preparation and properties of monoclonal antibodies to myelin basic protein and its peptides.
Neurochem Int. 7 (2): 309-17.
Martenson, R. E. (1984) Experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. A useful model for multiple sclerosis.
In Alvord, E. C. et al. (Eds).Wiley, New York, pp273-289.
Groome, N.P. et al. (1986) Region-specific immunoassays for human myelin basic protein.
J Neuroimmunol. 12 (4): 253-64.
Marignier, R. et al. (2010) Oligodendrocytes are damaged by neuromyelitis optica immunoglobulin G via astrocyte injury.
Brain. 133 (9): 2578-91.
Brunner, C. et al. (1989) Differential ultrastructural localization of myelin basic protein, myelin/oligodendroglial glycoprotein, and 2',3'-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase in the CNS of adult rats.
J Neurochem. 52: 296-304.
Jatana, M. et al. (2006) Combination of systemic hypothermia and N-acetylcysteine attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats.
Pediatr Res. 59: 684-9.
Chujor, C.S. et al. (1991) Serum antibodies against peripheral nervous system antigens in leprosy.
Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 59: 590-7.