Cortisol antibody | BGN/C42
Cortisol is a glucocorticoid hormone synthesized from cholesterol by the adrenal cortex. It is released in response to pituitary adenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) which is, in turn, regulated by corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF). High levels of cortisol act to regulate the release of ACTH and CRF via negative feedback inhibition.The release of cortisol stimulates the conversion of proteins to carbohydrates, raises blood sugar levels and promotes glycogen storage in the liver.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Cortisol conjugated to bovine serum albumin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cortisol antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Cortisol antibody
Chornokur, G. et al. (2011) Impedance-BasedMiniaturized Biosensor for Ultrasensitive and Fast Prostate-Specific Antigen Detection
Journal of Sensors, Article ID 983752