IFN Alpha antibody | UMCh3-IFNa
The classification of mammalian cytokines with antiviral activity, is well documented as being either Type I Interferon (IFNI) or Type II Interferon (IFNII). This is not the case for avian IFNs however, even though IFN was first detected in the chicken.
A growing number of functional studies indicate similarities between chicken IFN and mammalian IFNI, revealing the conservation of cysteine residues and the existence of around ten closely related intron-less IFN alpha genes. Further research has shown that chIFN-alpha genes are strongly expressed following viral infection of monocyte-derived macrophage and embryo fibroblasts and that recombinant chicken IFN acts as a potent antiviral agent.
Mouse anti Chicken interferon alpha antibody, clone UMCh3-IFNa does not cross react with IFN beta or IFN gamma and does not neutralize chIFN-alpha.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant chicken Interferon alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005126 cytokine receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2412 detects a band of approximately 19 kDa.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IFN Alpha antibody
Sarmento, L. et al. (2008) Differential host gene expression in cells infected with highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza viruses.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 125 (3-4): 291-302.
Schwarz, H. et al. (2004) Synthesis of IFN-beta by virus-infected chicken embryo cells demonstrated with specific antisera and a new bioassay.
J Interferon Cytokine Res. 24 (3): 179-84.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra