Mouse anti 2-propylvaleric acid antibody, clone VA1 recognizes 2-propylvaleric acid, also known as Valproic acid, an analogue of valeric acid. It is used clinically as an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilising drug. It may be used to treat epilepsy, bipolar disorder, migraine headaches and schizophrenia. It is also under investigation for treatment of HIV and cancers. Potential side effects include weight gain and dyspepsia.
- Intended Use
- Bio-Rad recommends that the user determines this product’s suitability for any particular application.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Valproic Acid conjugated to TBG
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of 2-Propylvaleric Acid antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available