SARS-CoV Nucleoprotein antibody | 3861
Filter by Application:WB E Reset
|Mouse anti SARS-CoV nucleoprotein antibody recognizes nucleoprotein, also known as nucleocapsid protein and Protein N.
The nucleoprotein (N) is the most abundant viral protein in SARS-CoV-infected cells (Chang et al. 2014). It is one of the four structural proteins essential for viral assembly, alongside the spike (S), envelope (E), and membrane (M) proteins (Bartlam et al. 2005). The nucleoprotein encloses the viral genome; during assembly of the virion, nucleoprotein binds to viral RNA and forms the helical nucleocapsid (Zhu et al. 2004). It appears to be a multifunctional protein, and plays an important role in enhancing viral transcription and assembly (McBride et al. 2014). The N protein of a range of coronaviruses are abundantly expressed and are highly immunogenic, and high concentrations of anti-nucleoprotein IgG antibodies have been detected in patients with SARS. These properties have made the nucleoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 a target of interest for developing a vaccine against COVID-19 (Dutta et al. 2020).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fragment aa1-49 of the SARS nucleoprotein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|ELISA||10 ug/ml||1.0 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting||1.0 ug/ml|
- GO Terms
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0019013 viral nucleocapsid
- GO:0044172 host cell endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment
- GO:0044177 host cell Golgi apparatus
- GO:0044220 host cell perinuclear region of cytoplasm
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Viral Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up