Cytomegalovirus gB Late Cytoplasmic Antigen antibody | hCMV34
Glycoprotein B (gB) is the main antigenic protein within the envelope of HCMV. It is required for HCMV mediated membrane fusion along with the gH / gL complex. The unprocessed precursor of HCMV gB is 906 amino acids in length, with a MW of approximately 100kDa.
Mouse anti Cytomegalovirus gB Late Cytoplasmic Antigen antibody, clone hCMV34 does not react with HSV, VZV or EBV. Reacts with MRC-5 infected cells, but not uninfected cells.
Mouse anti Cytomegalovirus gB Late Cytoplasmic Antigen antibody, clone hCMV34 has been used successfully to demonstrate presence of CMV in infected cells by immunofluorescence on paraformaldehyde fixed cell cultures (González-Sánchez et al 2015).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Native cytomeglaovirus extracts from infected human cells..
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytomegalovirus gB Late Cytoplasmic Antigen antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunofluorescence||0.02 µg/slide||1 µg/slide|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1|
- 1Reactive only in acetone fixed CMV infected cells or frozen sections.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Cytomegalovirus gB Late Cytoplasmic Antigen antibody
González-Sánchez HM et al. (2015) Effects of cytomegalovirus infection in human neural precursor cells depend on their differentiation state.
J Neurovirol. 21 (4): 346-57.