TIMP-1 antibody | M03
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone M03, recognizes Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1) also known as metalloproteinase inhibitor 1, EPA and fibroblast collagenase inhibitor.
TIMP-1 is a member of the TIMP family of proteins that assist in regulating the activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and it is mainly expressed by macrophages and fibroblasts. TIMP proteins are specific endogenous inhibitors that bind to the active site of MMPs in a stoichiometric 1:1 molar ratio, thereby blocking access to ECM substrates (Kapoor et al. 2016, Robert et al. 2016). The TIMP proteins including TIMP-1 have poor specificity for any particular MMP and each can inhibit multiple MMPs with differing efficacies (Cui et al. 2017).
The ratio of MMP and TIMP often determine the extent of ECM protein degradation and tissue remodeling. An imbalance of this ratio such as with decreased expression of TIMP can result in various pathological conditions, most notably, heart failure, osteoarthritis and cancer. Low levels of TIMP have also been associated with slow-to-heal wounds and venous wounds (Cui et al. 2017).
The purified Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone M03 (MCA62678GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone M05 (MCA6279B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length TIMP-1 (Cys24-Ala207)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6279B
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Metalloproteinase Inhibitor 1
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051045 negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up