p53 antibody | DO-11
DO-11 binds to an epitope within the central region of p53 between amino acids 181 - 190 defining a cryptic epitope exposed in unfolded/ denatured p53 (Shimitzu et al. 2006). Nine isoforms of human p53 are produced by alternative splicing and promotor usage, the epitope recognized by clone DO-11 is present in all isoforms. Mouse anti Human p53 antibody, clone DO-11 recognizes mutant forms of p53 (Warnock et al. 2011) and has been used successfully for detection of p53 by western blotting (Wei et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human p53.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse X63Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of p53 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/1000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon or breast carcinoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for p53 antibody
Vojtěšek, B. et al. (1995) Conformational changes in p53 analysed using new antibodies to the core DNA binding domain of the protein.
Oncogene. 10: 389-393.
Palecek, E. et al. (2001) Binding of p53 and its core domain to supercoiled DNA.
Eur J Biochem. 268: 573-81.
Coomber, D.W. and Ward, .R.L. (2001) Isolation of human antibodies against the central DNA binding domain of p53 from an individual with colorectal cancer using antibody phage display.
Clin Cancer Res. 7: 2802-8.
Wei, J. et al. (2012) Pathogenic bacterium Helicobacter pylori alters the expression profile of p53 protein isoforms and p53 response to cellular stresses.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109: E2543-50.
Warnock, L.J. et al. (2011) Aurora A mediates cross-talk between N- and C-terminal post-translational modifications of p53.
Cancer Biol Ther. 12: 1059-68.