MMP-3 antibody | I08-9G7
MMP-3 is largely expressed by connective and vascular tissues and cells due to its roles in extracellular matrix remodeling. It is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme before being processed to remove the signal peptide forming the 57 kDa pro-MMP-3. This is then further cleaved by proteolytic enzymes to create the 45 kDa active form.
Like other MMP’s, MMP-3 plays a major role in tissue remodeling through the promotion of extracellular matrix (ECM) protein turnover. Specifically MMP-3 degrades the collagen proteins, type II, IV, IX as well as the proteoglycans elastin fibronectin and laminin (Cui et al. 2017). Through the degradation of these ECM components, growth factors and adhesion molecules, MMP-3 can modify the extracellular environment and modulate cell to cell signaling. As such, MMP-3 is implicated in synaptic plasticity through enzymatic modification of ECM constituents (Lech et al. 2019).
The purified Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone I08-9G7 (MCA6258GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone G05-6A10 (MCA6259B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human partial length of MMP-3 (Phe100-Cys477)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3:Biotin||MCA6259B||E||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant Human MMP-3||PHP304||E||10 µg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra