MMP-3 antibody | G05-6A10
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone G05-6A10, recognizes matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) also known as stromelysin-1 (SL-1) and transin-1. MMP-3 is a member of the metzincins superfamily of proteases and is produced by various cells and tissues including the endothelium, vascular smooth muscle cells intima and platelets (Cui et al. 2017).
MMP-3 is largely expressed by connective and vascular tissues and cells due to its roles in extracellular matrix remodeling. It is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme before being processed to remove the signal peptide forming the 57 kDa pro-MMP-3. This is then further cleaved by proteolytic enzymes to create the 45 kDa active form.
Like other MMP’s, MMP-3 plays a major role in tissue remodeling through the promotion of extracellular matrix (ECM) protein turnover. Specifically MMP-3 degrades the collagen proteins, type II, IV, IX as well as the proteoglycans elastin fibronectin and laminin (Cui et al. 2017). Through the degradation of these ECM components, growth factors and adhesion molecules, MMP-3 can modify the extracellular environment and modulate cell to cell signaling. As such, MMP-3 is implicated in synaptic plasticity through enzymatic modification of ECM constituents (Lech et al. 2019).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone G05-6A10 (MCA6259B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone I08-9G7 (MCA6258GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human partial length of MMP-3 (Phe100-Cys477)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6258GA ELISA Antigen-Positive Control: PHP304
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3||MCA6258GA||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human MMP-3|
|Recombinant Human MMP-3||PHP304||E||10 µg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Recombinant Human MMP-3|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up