MCP-1 antibody | 2.2-4A4-1A11
MCP-1 is produced by a number of cell types, including monocytes, macrophages, microglia, fibroblasts and epithelial cells (Cushing et al. 1990). MCP-1 influences T-cell immunity polarizing responses towards the Th2 phenotype (Karpus and Kennedy 1997). Variations in the CCL2 gene affects susceptibility to Mycobacteriun tuberculosis infection (Flores-Villanueva et al. 2005).
Mouse anti Human MCP-1 antibody, clone 2.2-4A4-1A11 recognizes both native and recombinant MCP-1 in conjunction with Rabbit anti Human MCP-1 polyclonal antibody in a sensitive sandwich ELISA assay.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human MCP-1/MCAF ( PHP061)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c X ICR F1 mice were fused with cells of a mouse myeloma cell line.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- P13500 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CCL2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004672 protein kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
- GO:0031727 CCR2 chemokine receptor binding
- GO:0048246 macrophage chemotaxis
- For research purposes only
Applications of MCP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||10ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- This product may be used in an indirect ELISA or as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA together with AHP784B as the detection reagent and PHP061 as the standard.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Breast Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- This product may be used under either reducing or non-reducing conditions together with PHP061 as the positive control.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MCP-1 antibody
Johansson, U. et al. (2008) Formation of composite endothelial cell-mesenchymal stem cell islets: a novel approach to promote islet revascularization.
Diabetes. 57: 2393-401.
Nio-Kobayashi J et al. (2015) Regulated C-C motif ligand 2 (CCL2) in luteal cells contributes to macrophage infiltration into the human corpus luteum during luteolysis.
Mol Hum Reprod. pii: gav028.
Chuang, L.P. et al. (2016) Increased MCP-1 gene expression in monocytes of severe OSA patients and under intermittent hypoxia.
Sleep Breath. 20 (1): 425-33.