iC3b antibody | 013III-1.16
Filter by Application:P Reset
Mouse anti Human iC3b (Neoantigen)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human iC3b (Neoantigen) antibody, clone 013III-1.16 recognizes the ~42 kDa human inactive complement component 3b (iC3b) neoantigen present in blood serum. Cleavage of C3b into iC3b by the protease factor I, in the presence of cofactors, changes the structure and resulting binding properties, preventing binding by complement factor B and properdin. This prevents further progression of the complement pathway, providing another mechanism by which the complement pathway may be regulated.
iC3b is thought to play a role in inducing tolerance (Sohn et al. 2003), binding complement receptor type 3 on antigen presenting cells and stimulating them to produce transforming growth factor beta2 and interleukin-10. It is thought to stimulate B-cells via the CD21 receptor providing a link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. Additionally iC3b acts as an opsonin which is recognised by complement receptor 3 expressed on leukocytes or complement receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily (CRIg) on Kupffer cells, stimulating phagocytosis of the tagged cells. iC3b levels are often elevated in diseases such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosis and Rheumatoid arthritis. iC3b levels are often elevated in diseases such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human iC3b
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.045 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||10 ug/ml|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney from post streptoccal glomerulonephritis patients
Janssena, B. et al. (2007) Structural insights into the central complement component C3.
Molecular Immunology. 44: 3-10.
Bergmann-Leitner, E.S. et al. (2006) Complement 3d: from molecular adjuvant to target of immune escape mechanisms.
Clin Immunol. 121 (2): 177-85.
Sohn, J.H. et al. (2003) Tolerance is dependent on complement C3 fragment iC3b binding to antigen-presenting cells.
Nat Med. 9 (2): 206-12.
- Inactivated Complement Component 3b
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up