CD47 antibody | BRIC126
Mouse anti human CD47 antibody, clone BRIC126 recognises the human CD47 cell surface glycoprotein, a heavily N-glycosylated 47-52 kDa molecule. CD47 is expressed on all cells and tissues so far examined, although expression is reduced on erythrocytes of the rare Rh null phenotype.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Bovine Sheep Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Human erythrocytes
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q08722 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD47 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0022409 positive regulation of cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0050870 positive regulation of T cell activation
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0070053 thrombospondin receptor activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD47 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Western Blotting 2|
- 1This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays. Our Slide-A-Lyzer® Dialysis Cassette (EQU003) is recommended suitable for this purpose.
- 2BRIC126 recognizes CD47 under non-reducing conditions, the CD47 epitope recognized is lost on reduction, see Shahein et al. for details.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2b Negative Control||MCA691||100 Tests||F|
Product Specific References
References for CD47 antibody
Avent, N. et al. (1988) Monoclonal antibodies that recognize different membrane proteins that are deficient in Rhnull human erythrocytes. One group of antibodies reacts with a variety of cells and tissues whereas the other group is erythroid-specific.
Biochem J. 251 (2): 499-505.
Campbell, I.G. et al. (1992) An ovarian tumor marker with homology to vaccinia virus contains an IgV-like region and multiple transmembrane domains.
Cancer Res. 52 (19): 5416-20.
Brown, E. et al. (1990) Integrin-associated protein: a 50-kD plasma membrane antigen physically and functionally associated with integrins.
J Cell Biol. 111 (6 Pt 1): 2785-94.
Lindberg, F.P. et al. (1993) Molecular cloning of integrin-associated protein: an immunoglobulin family member with multiple membrane-spanning domains implicated in alpha v beta 3-dependent ligand binding.
J Cell Biol. 123 (2): 485-96.
Ide, K. et al. (2007) Role for CD47-SIRPalpha signaling in xenograft rejection by macrophages.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 104 (12): 5062-6.
Lecchi, C. et al. (2008) Bovine alpha-1 acid glycoprotein can reduce the chemotaxis of bovine monocytes
and modulate CD18 expression.
Vet Res. 39: 50.
Chao, M.P. et al. (2011) Therapeutic antibody targeting of CD47 eliminates human acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Cancer Res. 71 (4): 1374-84.
Shahein, Y.E. et al. (2002) Molecular cloning and functional characterization of the pig homologue of integrin-associated protein (IAP/CD47).
Immunology. 106: 564-76.
Brooke, G. et al. (2004) Human lymphocytes interact directly with CD47 through a novel member of the signal regulatory protein (SIRP) family.
J Immunol. 173: 2562-70.
Wewer, C. et al. (2011) Transcellular migration of neutrophil granulocytes through the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier after infection with Streptococcus suis.
J Neuroinflammation. 8: 51.
Ticchioni, M. et al. (2001) Integrin-associated protein (CD47/IAP) contributes to T cell arrest on inflammatory vascular endothelium under flow.
FASEB J. 15: 341-50.
Chao, M.P. et al. (2010) Anti-CD47 antibody synergizes with rituximab to promote phagocytosis and eradicate non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Cell. 142: 699-713.
Siddhartha, J et al. (2016) Methods of manipulating phagocytosis mediated by CD47.
US patent app 15/054930
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.