CD3 antibody | MEM-57
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human CD3
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD3 (MEM-57) is a monoclonal antibody recognizing an extracellular epitope of the human CD3 complex containing either δ-ε or γ-ε subunit complexes (Dave et al. 1997). Mouse anti Human CD3 (MEM-57) recognizes a conformational CD3 epitope minimally requiring the presence of the CD3ε subunit extracellular domain (Transy et al. 1989) as it will recognize murine 3D054.8 hybridoma cells transfected with cDNA to express the human CDε subunit lacking its cytoplasmic domain. CD3 serves as a pan T cell marker, it is expressed on the surface of over 95% of circulating human peripheral T cells. CD3 is also present on ~60-80% of thymocytes and on Purkinji cells, neurons present in the cerebellar cortex. CD3 is not expressed on B cells or NK cells.
The TCR complex consists of TCR heterodimers, either α/β or γ/δ expressed in a mutually exclusive manner, analagous that seen in mice on different T cell lineages. In order for the TCR heterodimer to be expressed on the cell surface it must associate with a minimal CD3 complex. The CD3 complex itself is made up of four subunits, γ, δ, ε and ζ responsible for effective signalling upon TCR activation, via a single or multiple, depending on the subunit, immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) present in the CD3 subunit cytoplasmic domain (Kuhns et al. 2006, Dave et al. 1997a, Dave et al. 1997b).
Mouse anti Human CD3 clone MEM-57 demonstrates a mitogenic effect on peripheral blood T cells and on the lymphoblastoid Jurkat cell line (Batista et al. 2004 Brdicková et al. 2003). Clone MEM-57 immunoprecipitates proteins of ~22 kDa and more weakly ~28 kDa. from peripheral blood T cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chimpanzee
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- < 0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the P3/NS1/1-Ag4-1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100μl or 100μl whole blood
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control||MCA929||F||100 Tests||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse IgG2a Negative Control|
References for CD3 antibody
Horejsí, V. et al. (1988) Monoclonal antibodies against human leucocyte antigens. II. Antibodies against CD45 (T200), CD3 (T3), CD43, CD10 (CALLA), transferrin receptor (T9), a novel broadly expressed 18-kDa antigen (MEM-43) and a novel antigen of restricted expression (MEM-74).
Folia Biol (Praha). 34 (1): 23-34.
Dave, V.P. et al. (1998) Altered functional responsiveness of thymocyte subsets from CD3delta-deficient mice to TCR-CD3 engagement.
Int Immunol. 10: 1481-90.
Transy, C. et al. (1989) Most anti-human CD3 monoclonal antibodies are directed to the CD3 epsilon subunit.
Eur J Immunol. 19: 947-50.
Amlot, P.L. et al. (1996) Activation antigen expression on human T cells. I. Analysis by two-colour flow cytometry of umbilical cord blood, adult blood and lymphoid tissue.
Clin Exp Immunol. 105: 176-82.
Gunnlaugsdottir, B. et al. (2008) Naive human T-cells become non-responsive towards anti-TNFalpha (infliximab) treatment in vitro if co-stimulated through CD28.
Scand J Immunol. 68: 624-34.
Morris, R.J. et al. (2005) A high-efficiency system of natural killer cell cloning.
J Immunol Methods. 307: 24-33.
Bughani U et al. (2017) T cell activation and differentiation is modulated by a CD6 domain 1 antibody Itolizumab.
PLoS One. 12 (7): e0180088.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0045059 positive thymic T cell selection
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0017124 SH3 domain binding
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030159 receptor signaling complex scaffold activity
- GO:0042608 T cell receptor binding
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0007163 establishment or maintenance of cell polarity
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0042110 T cell activation
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up