Superoxide Dismutase antibody | 2F5
Filter by Application:P Reset
|Mouse anti Bovine superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn) antibody, clone 2F5 recognizes bovine superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn), also known by it's gene name SOD1. Bovine superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn) is a 152 amino acid ~15kDa cytoplasmic protein involved in the removal of free radicals from the cytosol. Superoxide dismutases are a class of enzymes that catalyze the dismutation of superoxide into oxygen and hydrogen peroxide. As such, they are an important antioxidant defense in nearly all cells exposed to oxygen. There are three major families of superoxide dismutase, depending on the metal cofactor: Cu-Zn (which binds both copper and zinc), Fe and Mn types (which bind either iron or manganese), and finally the Ni type, which binds nickel.
Mouse anti Bovine superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn) antibody, clone 2F5 does not cross react with immunoglobulins but does react weakly with Mn SOD.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Superoxide dismutase enzyme prepared from bovine erythrocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp-2/0-Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- This product does not require pre-treatment of paraffin embedded sections e.g. trypsin or pronase prior to staining. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment methods prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human spleen and lymph node.
References for Superoxide Dismutase antibody
Paździor-Czapula, K. et al. (2014) Immunohistochemical evaluation of superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn SOD) concentrations in erythrocytes of dairy cattle and farm-raised deer by a computer-assisted analysis of microscopic images.
Pol J Vet Sci. 17: 275-9.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0001541 ovarian follicle development
- GO:0001819 positive regulation of cytokine production
- GO:0001895 retina homeostasis
- GO:0002262 myeloid cell homeostasis
- GO:0051087 chaperone binding
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0004784 superoxide dismutase activity
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006749 glutathione metabolic process
- GO:0006302 double-strand break repair
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0007283 spermatogenesis
- GO:0007566 embryo implantation
- GO:0007569 cell aging
- GO:0007605 sensory perception of sound
- GO:0007626 locomotory behavior
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0019430 removal of superoxide radicals
- GO:0030346 protein phosphatase 2B binding
- GO:0031012 extracellular matrix
- GO:0031410 cytoplasmic vesicle
- GO:0032287 peripheral nervous system myelin maintenance
- GO:0032839 dendrite cytoplasm
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042542 response to hydrogen peroxide
- GO:0043025 neuronal cell body
- GO:0043161 proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
- GO:0045541 negative regulation of cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0046716 muscle cell homeostasis
- GO:0048678 response to axon injury
- GO:0050665 hydrogen peroxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- GO:0051881 regulation of mitochondrial membrane potential
- GO:0060047 heart contraction
- GO:0060052 neurofilament cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0060087 relaxation of vascular smooth muscle
- GO:0060088 auditory receptor cell stereocilium organization
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Bovine Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up