CD63 antibody | CC25
CD63 along with other TM4SF members including CD9, CD61 and CD151 can form specific interactions with phosphoinositide 4-kinase, suggesting a role for CD63 in the recruitment of phosphoinositide 4-kinase to specific membrane sites (Yauch and Hemler 2000).
CD63 is expressed on the cell surface of platelets and basophils, along with activated macrophages, monocytes and granulocytes.
Mouse anti Bovine CD63, clone CC25 acts as a specific marker for bovine lysozomes and has been used for the identification and quantitation of phagosome-lysozome fusion in models of bacterial insult (Souza et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005765 lysosomal membrane
- GO:0031902 late endosome membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD63 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD63 antibody
Brooke, G.P. et al. (1999) Molecular cloning of cattle CD63 and evidence for high level expression on subpopulations of dendritic cells.
Immunogenetics. 49 (9): 812-4.
Colino, J. and Snapper, C.M. (2006) Exosomes from bone marrow dendritic cells pulsed with diphtheria toxoid preferentially induce type 1 antigen-specific IgG responses in naive recipients in the absence of free antigen.
J Immunol. 177: 3757-62.
Souza, C.D. et al. (2007) Role of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in the differential response of bovine monocytes to Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium subsp. avium.
Microbes Infect. 9: 1545-52.
Souza, C. et al. (2013) Mannosylated lipoarabinomannans from Mycobacterium avium subsp. Paratuberculosis alters the inflammatory response by bovine macrophages and suppresses killing of mycobacterium avium subsp. Avium organisms.
PLoS One 8: e75924.
Wolf, T. et al. (2015) The Intestinal Transport of Bovine Milk Exosomes Is Mediated by Endocytosis in Human Colon Carcinoma Caco-2 Cells and Rat Small Intestinal IEC-6 Cells.
J Nutr. 145 (10): 2201-6.
Weiss, D.J. et al. (2008) Bovine monocyte TLR2 receptors differentially regulate the intracellular fate of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium subsp. avium.
J Leukoc Biol. 83: 48-55.
Kusuma, R.J. et al. (2016) Human vascular endothelial cells transport foreign exosomes from cow's milk by endocytosis.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 310 (10): C800-7.
Carretta MD et al. (2016) Butyric acid stimulates bovine neutrophil functions and potentiates the effect of platelet activating factor.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 176: 18-27.
Mobley, C.B. et al. (2017) Whey protein-derived exosomes increase protein synthesis and hypertrophy in C2-C12 myotubes.
J Dairy Sci. 100 (1): 48-64.
Gillan, V. et al. (2019) Characterisation of infection associated microRNA and protein cargo in extracellular vesicles of Theileria annulata. infected leukocytes.
Cell Microbiol. 21 (1): e12969.
Fiorenza, M.F. et al. (2021) Neutrophils recognize and amplify IFNT signals derived from day 7 bovine embryo for stimulation of ISGs expression in vitro.: A possible implication for the early maternal recognition of pregnancy.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 553: 37-43.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra