hnRNP K antibody | F45 P9 C7
Over-expression of hnRNP K has been demonstrated in cancerous tissue including that of the colon, breast, liver and lungs, and its involvement in cell migration has been implicated in tumour metastasis. Studies have also shown that hnRNP K increases the transcriptional activity of the c-myc and c-src oncogenes.
- Target Species
- Synthetic Peptide
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Rabbit Mouse Chicken Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic peptide SVKQYSGKFF
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0030530 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP K antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/200||1/500|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Colon carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2622 detects a band of approximately 51kDa in Calu6 and HT29 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for hnRNP K antibody
Carpenter, B. et al. (2006) Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K is over expressed, aberrantly localised and is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer.
Br J Cancer. 95 (7): 921-7.
Bomsztyk, K. et al. (1997) Diverse molecular interactions of the hnRNP K protein.
FEBS Lett. 403 (2): 113-5.