CD335 antibody | EC1.1
CD335 is a type I transmembrane protein, with two extracellular C2-type immunoglobulin-like domains, which function as an activating receptor.
Research has indicated that, in mammals, the CD335 antigen is confined to NK cells (Westergard et. al. 2004) and that it is primarily expressed by a subset of natural killer (NK) cells which are CD3-ve, CD4-ve and CD2+ve with a small population also being CD8+ve (Storset et. al. 2004). No expression of CD335 has been detected on B cells, T cells, monocytes or granulocytes.
NK cells are cytotoxic and form a key component of the innate immune system where they are involved in mediating immunity to tumours and pathogens and in particular are critical to the process where the host recognizes and rejects tumour and viral infected cells.
Clone EC1.1 (originally named as Gr13.1) is the first antibody specifically raised to ovine CD335 and provides a reagent enabling researchers to identify ovine NKp46 positive NK cells and may facilitate an increased understanding of the ovine immune system and in particular its role in host pathogen defence (Connelley et. al. 2011).
In addition to clone EC1.1, clones AKS1, which recognises CD335 (NKp46) in bovine and other ruminants, and VIV-KM1, which recognises porcine CD335, are also available from Bio-Rad.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Goat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- OvNKp46-mFcγ2b fusion protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the X63 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- The Renaissance TSA Biotin system is a registered trademark of PerkinElmer, Waltham, USA
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD335 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1 Clone EC1.1 is suitable for use on paraffin sections when fixed with zinc salts This product requires antigen retrieval using Renaissance TSA Biotin system®
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rat anti Human CD3:FITC||MCA1477F||F*||0.1 mg|
|Rat anti Human CD3:Pacific Blue®||MCA1477PB||F*||100 Tests/1ml|
|Mouse anti Bovine CD205:FITC||MCA1651F||F||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Bovine CD205||MCA1651GA||C F IP||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human CD16:FITC||MCA5665F||F||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human CD16||MCA5665GA||F FN*||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Sheep CD16-Like||MCA919GA||C E F IP||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for CD335 antibody
Connelley, T. et al. (2011) NKp46 defines ovine cells that have characteristics corresponding to NK cells.
Vet Res. 42: 37.
Olsen, L. et al. (2013) Characterization of NCR1+ cells residing in lymphoid tissues in the gut of lambs indicates that the majority are NK cells
Vet Res. 44:109.
Goh, S. et al. (2016) Identification of Theileria lestoquardi Antigens Recognized by CD8+ T Cells.
PLoS One. 11 (9): e0162571.
Elhmouzi-Younes, J. et al. (2010) Ovine CD16+/CD14- blood lymphocytes present all the major characteristics of natural killer cells.
Vet Res. 41:4
Storset, A. K. et. al. (2004) NKp46 defines a subset of bovine leukocytes with natural killer cell characteristics.
Eur J Immunol. 34:669-676
Westgaard, I.H. et al. (2004) Rat NKp46 activates natural killer cell cytotoxicity and is associated with FcepsilonRIgamma and CD3zeta.
J Leukoc Biol. 76 (6): 1200-6.
Boysen, P. et al. (2011) Natural killer cells in free-living Mus musculus have a primed phenotype.
Mol Ecol. 20 (23): 5103-10.