CD230 (Prpsc) antibody | 2G11
CD230. also known as the prion protein (PrP) exists in two alternate forms; a normal cellular form (PrPc) and a disease-associated form (PrPSc).The normal and pathological forms of the prion protein have identical amino acid sequences and differ only in their folded tertiary structure and biochemical properties.
MCA2460 is specific for PrPSc. This clone does not appear to immunostain the normall cellular PrP expressed in heathly sheep tissue sections resulting in specific labelling of ovine PrPSc. This antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide (146-R154R171-182 ) of the ovine PrP peptide and specificially recognises the R151-R159 sequence.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide 146-R154R171-182 of ovine PrP.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD230 (Prpsc) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1Treatment of tissue sections in 98% formic acid, for 30 minutes, is recommended prior to pre-treatment with trypsin at 37oC for 5 minutes followed by heat mediated retrieval with 10mM citrate buffer pH6.0 See Andreoletti 2000.
- Tested on peptide.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD230 (Prpsc) antibody
Andréoletti, O. et al. (2000) Early accumulation of PrP(Sc) in gut-associated lymphoid and nervous tissues of susceptible sheep from a Romanov flock with natural scrapie.
J Gen Virol. 81 (Pt 12): 3115-26.
Andréoletti, O. et al. (2002) Phenotyping of protein-prion (PrPsc)-accumulating cells in lymphoid and neural tissues of naturally scrapie-affected sheep by double-labeling immunohistochemistry.
J Histochem Cytochem. 50 (10): 1357-70.
Ortiz-Pelaez, A. et al. (2015) Allelic variants at codon 146 in the PRNP gene show significant differences in the risk for natural scrapie in Cypriot goats.
Epidemiol Infect. 143 (6): 1304-10.
Simmons, M.M. et al. (2015) Phenotype shift from atypical scrapie to CH1641 following experimental transmission in sheep.
PLoS One. 10 (2): e0117063.
Borner, R. et al. (2011) Early behavioral changes and quantitative analysis of neuropathological features in murine prion disease: stereological analysis in the albino Swiss mice model.
Prion. 5 (3): 215-27.